Panayia Kosmosotira

The monastery of Panayia Kosmosotira was completed in 1152 by Isaakios Komninos, son of Alexios Komninos the first.

 

The Monastery includes a fortified enclosure (walls, towers and gate) and a registered two-columned catholic church, in the cruciform style, with a five - dome roofing. The various frescoes are fine examples of 12th century art of the Constantinople School. In the northeast corner of the church there is a ceramic ornament displaying an eagle. The central arch, the pre-chamber and the four struts on the outside were repaired at later times.