The Lighthouse of Alexandroupolis

The Lighthouse of Alexandroupolis is the landmark of the city.

It operates under the direct supervision of the personnel of Lighthouse Service and is one of the few supervised lighthouses in existence today.It was constructed by the French Lighthouse company and came in operation in 1880. It illuminates 25 nautical miles distance. It is 18 meters high and 27 from sea level.